50 Days with Jesus in the Upper Room
Day 33 – Sunday, March 18, 2018
Today’s Assignment – Please read John 16:17-24 and answer the following questions.
- What didn’t the disciples understand?
- How did Jesus respond to them and their refusal to ask their question?
- What will be the response of the world and of the disciples at His departure.?
- What image does Jesus use to illustrate their future joy?
- What do we learn about joy in these verses?
Today’s Quote: “The words in My name are not a magical formula which enable the user to get his will done; instead those words tied the requests to the work of the Son in doing the Father’s will (See “in My name” in 14:13-14; 15:16; 16:24, 26).”
– Dr. Edwin Blum
This Week’s Memory Verse – These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” – John 16:33
So?…..What’s it to me? – As a result of today’s study I will…