Listen to 20150630- Pastor Dave Watson Tells Kevin, “The Supreme Court Rules, Yet Jesus Reigns” by Kevin McCullough Radio #np on #SoundCloud
Month: June 2015
Free 50 Day Devotional plus some resources in light of the Supreme Courts ruling on Gay Marriage for “The Believers in Babylon”
For a free downloadable copy of the devotional Believers in Babylon click below
Free downloadable essay regarding gay marriage and the state of New York laws passed in 2011 – Somewhat prophetic – no_changing_the_channel
Link to order “How Shall We Then Live” – by Francis Schaeffer – http://www.amazon.com/Should-Then-LAbri-Anniversary-Edition/dp/1581345364
Link to order “Love into Light” by Peter Hubbard – http://loveintolight.com/
Link to order “God and the Gay Christian” – Dr. Albert Mohler – http://www.amazon.com/God-Gay-Christian-Response-Conversant-ebook/dp/B00KBA8L9Q
Link to order “What Does the Bible Teach About Homosexuality” by Kevin Young – http://www.amazon.com/Bible-Really-Teach-about-Homosexuality/dp/1433549379
Today’s Question – The Teachings of Jesus – Can I be faithful to #5 if I don’t share #1-4
1. The Golden Rule – Matthew 7:12 – 12 “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
2. The Great Commandment – Matthew 22:37-39 – 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
3. The Definition of Marriage – Matthew 19:4-6 – He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”
4. The Least of These – Matthew 25:37-40 – Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
5. The Great Commission – Matthew 28:18-20 – 18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Yesterday’s service and sermon at Calvary Chapel – Graduation Sunday 2015, June 28, 2015 – Includes statement on same sex marriage
For those who say we must accept the Supreme Court’s rulings as settled law without dissent I invoke a wise voice from the past:
“The highest authority has spoken. The voice of the Supreme Court has gone out over the troubled waves of the National Conscience … [But] my hopes were never brighter than now. I have no fear that the National Conscience will be put to sleep by such an open, glaring, and scandalous tissue of lies…” – Fredrick Douglas after the 1857 Dred Scott Decision by the Supreme Court declaring blacks property
When the Supreme Court gets it wrong
Legality doesn’t equal morality
Human judgment doesn’t equal Divine Justice
The SCOTUS’s redefinition of something doesn’t make it right
Examples – 1857 – Dred Scott Decision – African Americans were refined as property
1973 – Roe v. Wade – Babies were redefined as tissue
2015 – Marriage was redefined to include same sex couples
African Americans have been and always will be human beings created in the image of God. Babies from conception have always been human beings. Marriage from the beginning and forever will be between a man and a woman period. Human institutions may seek to declare. God ultimately defines.
Note the warning in the rhetorical question found in Psalm 94:20 -Can wicked rulers be allied with you, those who frame injustice by statute?