50 Days with Jesus in the Upper Room
Day 30 – Thursday, March 15, 2018
Today’s Assignment – Read John 16:1-4 and answer the following questions.
- What is Jesus’ reason for speaking these words?
- What does Jesus predict will happen to the disciples?
- Why will individuals persecute believers this way?
- Should we be surprised by persecution today?
- Why would someone persecute Christians in 2006?
Today’s Quote: “The hatred would be so strong that eventually they would be excommunicated from the synagogue. This meant isolation from the social life of Israel. It meant loss of employment and rejection by their own families.” – Dr. Edward Dobson
This Week’s Memory Verse – These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
– John 16:33
So?…..What’s it to me? – As a result of today’s study I will…