50 Days with Jesus in the Upper Room
Day 20 – Monday, March 5, 2018
Today’s Assignment – Read John 14:25-31 and answer the following questions.
1. What is the promise Jesus gives regarding the Holy Spirit?
2. How does this promise apply to us?
3. What is Jesus’ promise regarding peace?
4. Do John 14:28 and John 14:9 contradict each other?
5. Why won’t Jesus talk much more with His disciples?
Today’s Quote: “When Jesus said “My Father is greater than I” (John 14:28), He was not denying His own deity or His equality with God, for then He would have been contradicting Himself (John 10:30). When Jesus was here on earth, He was necessarily limited by having a human body. He voluntarily laid aside the independent exercise of His divine attributes and submitted Himself to the Father. In that sense, the Father was greater than the Son. Of course, when the Son returned to heaven, all He had laid aside was restored once again (John 17:1,5).” – Dr. Warren Wiersbe
This Week’s Memory Verse – And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. – John 14:13-14
So?…..What’s it to me? – As a result of today’s study I will…