50 Days with Jesus in the Upper Room
Day 18 – Saturday, March 3, 2018
Today’s Assignment – Read John 14:12-18 and answer the following questions.
- What promise does Jesus give those who believe in Him?
- What promise does Jesus give us about praying?
- What does the phrase “that the Father may be glorified in the Son” tell us about the type of prayers we should pray?
- What other promise does Jesus give us regarding a “Helper/Comforter”?
- How is this person described?
Today’s Quote: “We have no single word in our language that can express the rich, powerful meaning of “Paraclete,” the English translation of the unique title John uses for this Holy Companion. Para in the Greek means “alongside,” and the root of kletos is “to call.” So this “Helper” whom Jesus will send will be alongside the disciples as Jesus has been, “calling out” as an “encourager,” a “counselor,” an “advocate,” a “witness,” and as a “judge.” “Paraclete” means all this and even more. And He is given to His disciples.” –Dr. Roger L. Fredrikson
This Week’s Memory Verse – And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. – John 14:13-14
So?…..What’s it to me? – As a result of today’s study I will…