Date – Thursday, December 3, 2020 – Focus on Elizabeth
Bible Readings: Luke 1:39-45 – “In those days Mary arose and went with haste into the hill country, to a town in Judah, 40 and she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. 41 And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the baby leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit, 42 and she exclaimed with a loud cry, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! 43 And why is this granted to me that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 For behold, when the sound of your greeting came to my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45 And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord.”
1. What is the reaction of Elizabeth’s baby to Mary’s baby?
2. What is the reaction of Elizabeth to Mary’ baby?
3. What is the reaction of Elizabeth to Mary?
1. Are there any commands to obey?
2. Are there any sins to avoid or confess?
3. Are there any examples to follow?
4. Are there any promises to claim?
Quote of the Day – “She (Elizabeth) believed God. Now she encourages Mary. Mary is a young woman and Elisabeth is an old woman. Elisabeth had walked with God for many years and she assures her that there would be a performance of those things which had been revealed to her”. – Dr J. Vernon McGee in Thru the Bible