Date – Monday, November 30, 2020 – Focus on the Old Testament Prophets
Micah 5:2 – But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, who are too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me one who is to be ruler in Israel, whose coming forth is from of old, from ancient days.
Jeremiah 23:5-6 –“Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord,
“That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness; A King shall reign and prosper, And execute judgment and righteousness in the earth. In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell safely;
Now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
1. What names are given the Messiah in these verses?
2. What are the characteristics of His kingdom?
1. Are there any commands to obey?
2. Are there any sins to avoid or confess?
3. Are there any examples to follow?
4. Are there any promises to claim?
Quote of the Day: “Have you ever heard of this as a plank in a political platform?…. I’ve heard politicians make almost every other claim under the sun but that one! They wouldn’t dare make it. But righteousness will characterize the kingdom when the Lord Jesus Christ reigns.”– Dr. J. Vernon McGee in Thru the Bible