We are being told that we are in for some tough days ahead, very tough days. This is a marathon beloved not a sprint. How are going to get through this spiritually intact. How are we going to be strong in the storm? The author of Hebrews gave his first century readers some powerful advice as they were facing a marathon of trials called the Roman Persecution. That advice applies to us today. He told them to be “Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of Our Faith” – We are told in the midst of this marathon to fix our attention on Jesus. That means we are to keep our focus on Him. How are we going to do that? I suggest for the next 40 days each of us strive to do the following:
- We are going to “let the Word of Christ dwell in us richly” – Attached is a reading schedule for the next 40 days. Jump in anywhere you join us on the journey.
2. We are going to attempt to pray every day using the Lord’s Prayer as an outline. Attached is a basic outline to use.
3. We are going to focus on Jesus through the teaching of Michael Youssef – Check him out below at Right Now Media – https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Content/Series/244919 – Watch and enjoy the series. Here’s a link to set up your own free account
- We are going to seek to be the hands and feet of Jesus in our neighborhoods to our neighbors – Everyday please pray for your neighbors and regularly check up on them. You are the shepherd of your neighborhood. You are Jesus to them.
- We are going to seek to be a witness for our Lord by sharing with others about Him via text messaging, Facebook, Instagram and emails. We will be sending you a link to do that with the people you know in the next day or so.